How to report abuse

For information and downloads on EHA/MAFSP process, please click here to visit the Early Help section on the Luton Borough Council Website

Information Sharing Pocket Guide - download this here

What to do if you are worried a child is being abused - download the advice booklet here

Want to report abuse?

Here are some useful numbers:
Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) Team (Duty Desk) - 01582 547 653
Emergency Duty Team - 0300 300 8123
Public Protection Support Team - 01234 846 960

The Luton Family Information Service (FIS) provides information, advice and guidance on a variety of services, helplines and websites that are useful to parents, carers, children and young people under the age of 20, and professionals who work with them. For more information, click here.

I am a professional. Can I ring for advice if I am worried about a child?

Yes, if you would like to talk over any concerns you have, please ring the MASH Team (Duty Desk) - 01582 547 653 at Luton Borough Council. Staff will talk over with you whether the situation meets the criteria for a referral to the service. This may be particularly helpful for long term chronic situations or where the concerns are borderline or if the issue is unusual or complex. If the MASH Team feel the child is at risk, the staff member will insist that you make a referral and will help you do this in a sensitive manner.

To make a referral to the Public Protection Team of Bedfordshire Police, please ring 01234 846 960.

I am a member of the public and I am worried about a child, who do I contact?

If the child is in immediate danger, call the Police on 999.

If you want to discuss your concerns with a social worker, please contact the MASH Team (Duty Desk) - 01582 547 653
To report your concerns to Bedfordshire Police, please ring non-emergency number 101.

What else can I do if I am not receiving the information I need and want to take this further?

If you are worried about a child and you feel that your concerns are not being dealt with, then  please take a look at our escalation policy, which outlines the procedure to be followed when resolving professional disagreements relating to the safeguarding of children and the escalation of professional concerns

Meeting the Needs of Children, Young People and their Families in Luton Booklet

Meeting the Needs of Children, Young People and their Families in Luton booklet provides an excellent summary of your role and responsibilities with regard to Safeguarding Children and Young People as well as an outline of the procedures to be followed if you are worried about a child.