Supporting volunteers working with children and young people
How safe is your organisation?
The Luton Safeguarding Children Board working in partnership with the Safe Network wants to support voluntary, community and faith based organisations/groups working with children and young people to develop their safeguarding arrangements .
Using the Safe Network Quality Standards developed in conjunction with the NSPCC, Luton LSCB have created a Safeguarding Champions programme.
The programme will provide organisations with the best possible advice and guidance by drawing on information from legislation, statutory guidance, research and informed practice.
Organisations will work towards embedding the quality standards in their everyday practice. The standards will cover the following areas of practice:
- safer staff and volunteers- recruitment, induction, and supervision
- child protection
- preventing and responding to bullying
- avoiding accidents and running safe activities and events
- recording and sharing information
- sharing information and working with other agencies.