- The Board with partners, is implementing Graded Care Profile 2, a tool that was originally developed in Luton to help practitioners identify neglect and its impact on the child.
- It has commissioned the Children’s Society/York University to draw together research on neglect in young people and tools that can help identify/assess neglect in relation to young people.
- It is working with the training unit to update the neglect training and to ensure the involvement of young people in its delivery and development.
- There is a pan beds working group which has set out the neglect strategy and is working on practitioner guidance
- This theme relates to children who are vulnerable and may go missing as a result of being in care and/or being sexually exploited. The focus is on multi agency activity to promote collaboration and child centred responses.
- The LSCB in collaboration with the other 2 LSCBs in the county is supporting the development of the CSEG panel that pulls together intelligence on Child Sexual Exploitation and sets out actions that police, local authorities and others will undertake to prevent/disrupt.
- A Pan beds task and finish group is currently reviewing the guidance for all agencies when children/young people go missing.
- The Board in conjunction with Luton Public Health is funding the delivery of Chelsea’s Choice for yr8-9’s and in the net for primary schools in 2017.