Bedfordshire Police has brought in-house their service to support victims, delivered through the Signpost Hub as part of Signpost to Support Bedfordshire, their new online service directory. The Hub is a one-stop-shop for victims that will provide the assessment, referral, coordination and delivery of emotional & practical support for all victims of crime across Bedfordshire.
- To help victims cope and recover from the impact of the crime they have experienced
- To work with multiple agencies in providing a range of specialist support for victims, based on need, not crime type
- To support victims and those close to them throughout criminal justice process, and beyond
- To focus on outcomes that support a reduction in re-victimisation
- To improve the support and service victims receive in order to increase their trust and confidence in the criminal justice system
Needs are identified through an initial assessment conducted as part of the crime recording process. Victims with needs will receive a call from Hub staff who will work with the victims to address their needs. This is a free and confidential service.
Support is also available for victims who do not want to report crime to the police. There is no obligation on staff to report crimes, except where there are safeguarding concerns. Self-referrals can be made via the website or directly into the Hub phone line.
Support is offered to victims where they live.